Yarn tassels can be added to just about any decor item nowadays – pillows, blankets, baskets, and wall hangings. It’s a great way to personalize any of those items to match with the room’s colour palette. I used tassels to create a wall hanging. The best part is that it only takes a few minutes to make a ton of these!
What you need:
- Yarn – The thicker the yarn the fluffier the tassel
- A pair of sharp scissors
- A medium sized hard cover book
Let’s get crafting
- Cut a string the length of the spine of the book. This will be used to hang the tassels. If you know you want a long attachment piece, cut it longer than the spine
- Start wrapping the yarn around the book, perpendicular to the string. The more you wrap, the fluffier your tassel. I wrapped 40 times.
- Cut that yarn. Then take the yarn along the spine of the book and double knot it at the top.
- Cut the yarn where the book would open up. This will make the bottom of your tassel
- Carefully slide the tassel off the book. Take another piece of yarn and tired about half an inch below the top of the tassel to make the ball
Ta-da! Now you can make tassels of any size and colour! Show me your tassels by tagging me on Instagram @hanashappyhome.