The existing space
My two sons will have to share a room and as baby Pom Pom (newborn) is rapidly outgrowing his bassinet, we’ll need the convertible crib. This means we will set up the boys room sooner than we anticipated!
I will miss the space that I created. That triangle banner was created during my first pregnancy. Some of the triangles actually have a map that was used when my parents and I drove to NY to visit my husband’s family for the first time after our engagement.
I created the pom-pom garland for my second son during his pregnancy. Those are aspects I’m hoping I can transfer and still use the new big boy room.
Adventure themed boys room
When designing the concept for the shared spaceI there two main elements:
- Functionality: The room is approximately 11 x 11′. It is a very small space for two energetic boys. To maximize the footprint I’m going to be adding a bunkbed. That will still allow for plenty of space for the kids to play on the floor. A future project will be to optimize the closet, but since baby pom-pom will still be sleeping in my room for another year, that can wait.
- Playfulness: Being a mom of two boys is an action packed, unpredictable ride! Our home is mostly neutral but for their space I’ll introduce some transitional colours.
Sources for mood board
1. Inspiration wall paper from thelovelywall.com. Instead, I’ll be doing a washi tape wall
2. Behr wall paint in Beta Fish for accent wall (or some version of a green tone)
3. Ikea sinnerlig pendant
4. Reading nook for the awkward recessed wall
5. Globe Verdun reading light for each bunk
6. Ikea myden bunk
7. Ikea chalkboard (gifted from Nani)
8. Map (already purchased)
9. Rug (already purchased from homesense)