Take these adorable masjid envelopes and learn how to make a Ramadan advent calendar.. all for under $10! I decided to make one myself because it’s inexpensive and easy. Plus it’s something I plan on using for at least a few years, so why not personalize it?!
What you need for this Ramadan Advent Calendar
- Masjid envelopes (tutorial here)
- Regular envelopes
- Mini clothes pins
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Branch (go on an adventure with tour kids to find one)
How to make a Ramadan Advent Calendar
- Lay out all your envelopes in order that you want to hang them
- Start numbering them. I chose to use 3 colours to represent the 10 day blocks in Ramadan (hint: there are lots of number calligraphy tutorials on Pinterest!)
- Cut 3 pieces of ribbon that are 10 inches longer than your rows
- Make a dot with a sharpies on the ribbon where each clothes pin will be placed
- Hot glue a mini clothes pin on each dot
- Tie the ribbon to the stick
- Add the envelopes, starting at the bottom and work your way up
- Tie a ribbon to the top to hang your calendar
- Fill the envelopes with tattoos and stickers and of course good deeds!
Update: My nieces asked for this so I passed it on to them. 2 years later it’s been part of their Ramadan traditions!