I’m sooo late to the one room challenge. I know. It’s week 6 and I’m getting started. Better late than never right?
I’m going to be making over our desk wall because it’s a sad state. It’s a folding table that is used by everyone especially my husband trying to work full time.
I’m going with a fun and bold accent wall!
What you need
- Paint of your choice. I used tricorn black and a mix of white and privilege green
- Roller, craft brush and paint brush
- Paint tray
- tuck pin
Let’s get painting – the arch
- Mark the width of the arch. Mine was 32 inches wide
- Get a string and tie one end to a pencil
- Cut the length of your string to be half of the width of your column, plus 1-2 inches. Mine was 17 inches.
- Tie the other side to a push pin
- Place the push pin on the centre point of the column.
- Trace a half circle
- To trace the sides of the column, use a level and double check the width at the top and bottom of the column
- Use a craft brush, paint brush and roller to paint. Tread carefully with the craft brush on the edges!
Let’s paint the circle
- Use the same string and pencil. Insert the push pin where you want the middle of the circle.
- Pul the string tight and trace a circle!
- Paint as above
Note- any pencil lines can easily be erased!
Be sure to check out other one room challenge participants